Dubious advice on making cocktails with bacon, whether couples can make friends, confronting the idea of humourless feminists when people make sexist jokes, and the homework denial controversy. As usual, we have Dubious Sex Toy and our recommendations for the week.
For further reading:
- Recipe and demonstration for making the bacon-infused old-fashioned.
- The offending t-shirt paperkingdoms’ student was wearing.
- The homework discussion started with this piece about the Calgary couple who signed a no-homework contract. There was supportive response from the Globe and Mail, and smackdown from an ESL teacher and someone who analysed the parents’ statements on RYS.
- Hamster Hotel report (with video)!
- Monty Python’s discussion of The Mouse Problem.
- The infamous Orangina advertisement.
- Awesome MuppetsStudio Channel on the youtube.
- Damn Cool Pics has a daily post of some kind of interesting visual.
- LoTR weaponry controversy on reddit.
- Gastroporn galore on Feasting on Art.
- Turkey jello mold contest winners: I was apparently talking about 2008, but 2009 is now up as well.
Apologies for the coughing husband in the background.
Closing music is a shout-out to Mr Falor; it’s Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros.
A reminder: although only the most recent 3 episodes are live in iTunes, you can always access back episodes of FYCL in our archive at uppitywomen.org/media/