Gushing enthusiasm about Victorian social history, advising on how to enrage a Creative Anachronism person (mind the sword), venting about Google Buzz, pointing and lauging at Esquire and wounded masculinity in Superbowl ads, and failing utterly at finding a dubious sex toy for V-Day.
- Read more of SJ’s Victorian culinary adventures, as well as those of several other lively contributers at The Queen’s Scullery.
- Esquire’s embarrassingly sexist survey of women, and women’s reactions to it on Jezebel.
- SJ recommended Happy Couples Kiss and Tell for V-Day appropriateness.
- Not everything is brilliant, but there are a couple of especially funny posts on Wrong K Miller.
- Slate’s Jason Fagone talks about the Tebow ad.
- Tom Wayman’s “Did I Miss Anything?” poem.
Closing music was “I Enjoy Being a Girl” because it was clearly what those chaps at Esquire were listening to.
A reminder: although only the most recent 3 episodes are live in iTunes, you can always access back episodes of FYCL in our archive at uppitywomen.org/media/
Got a question or a comment? Leave it here, email us at fyclpodder at gmail dot com, or come join our FaceBook group.