Dubious advice on enjoying the holiday season, including dealing with family, feminist hypocrisies, and Generation Snow. Extended Dubious Sex Toy discussion is about fundamentalist Christianity and kink; we also have a non-dubious sex toy amongst our recommendations.
- SJ’s post asking for readers to confess their feminist hypocrisies.
- Non-dubious sex toy this week is Gigi.
- The Marriage Bed’s surprisingly sane discussion of sexuality for straight-laced Christians.
- A selection of online marital aid vendors for the prudish or religiously averse to porn: Book22 seems to be one of the first, Wholly Love shows it is not just a USistani phenomenon, Christian Love Toys is pretty standard, while My Beloveds Garden seems more liberal (read: it has buttplugs, but not apostrophes).
- The main Christian Domestic Discipline site – hoax or real thing? The more I read, the harder it was to decide.
- Taken in Hand – same skeevy ideas, less Christian overlay.
- This blog entry really encapsulates some of the issues I have with the whole wife-disciplining movement.
- My recommendation this week was Thinkgeek, perfect for Xmas shopping for the geeks in your life.
- Amy Goodman gives the dirt on the Canadian border guards. At least she didn’t get deported to Syria.
Music at the end was “Gabriel’s Message” by Sting, an excellent advent carol, because now that it is on advent, I am on a mission to see how much Christmas music I can get in to the podder before SJ’s head asplode.
A reminder: although only the most recent 3 episodes are live in iTunes, you can always access back episodes of FYCL in our archive at uppitywomen.org/media/