Dubious advice on being angry about holiday cooking and/or marking, encouraging girls to do science, indoctrinating young men into the ways of feminism and dealing with scheduling during the holidays. Ask a Dude returns to consider the logistics of a BBG threesome; there’s an extremely Dubious Sex Toy, and some great recommendations.
- Belle de Jour’s blog, which is hotting up at the moment with juicy back and forth about the revealing of her identity.
- Times news story and follow-up on Belle de Jour and the revelation of her identity.
- Caroline Moore is the teenage astronomer we uselessly could not remember, and she found a supernova.
- For those of you who have been living under a rock – Sarah Bunting’s awesome Yes You Are.
- Looks like Double X is getting folded back into Slate.
- Wildly inappropriate gnome dildo video. Click at own risk!! Further research determines that it was intended to be a sex toy, but I haven’t seen a vendor of same online. Even google is shocked and horrified.
- HUGE props to the Bugger for finding a reference to the actual gnome dildo, although it appears they are not currently available for purchase.
- Gay Sex in Dragon Age: Origins, pointed out on the Queerty blog, which is worth a bit of a browse for its other content, too.
- On being a Bad Mother, by Sandra Tsing Loh, from the Atlantic online.
Apologies for sound quality – both of us were having internets issues this week. I have sorted mine out (fingers crossed).
Closing music is 3 by Britney Spears, chosen OBVIOUSLY, for thematic rather than musical merit.
A reminder: although only the most recent 3 episodes are live in iTunes, you can always access back episodes of FYCL in our archive at uppitywomen.org/media/