Dubious advice on fertility, feminism, the semantics of “guys”, plus complaining about colds, cheaters and the weather. Dubious sex toy of the week has a rather fantastical twist, and recommendations include suggestions for other podcasts we like. Besides ours, I mean.
Older archived episodes are available to download here, even if they don’t appear on the iTunes site or in the feed.
A veritable cornucopia of linkery for you:
- If you need to catch up on the cheatery saga, here are part 1 and part 2 – I am still on tenterhooks waiting for the report.
- Gloria Steinem’s Supremacy Crimes essay.
- Masculinities and gender on XY.
- NY Times article about the differences between men and guys.
- Dubious sex toy this week from Bad Dragon; as usual, click at own risk, possibly warning your housemates that you may scream when you look at the dolphin penis dildo. Slightly more dubious tentacle dildo, OMG I cannot believe I typed that.
- Cool medieval comic porn at Oglaf.com.
- More comics: Hark a Vagrant, Achewood.
- Deliciously mean fashion commentary on Go Fug Yourself.
- Podcasts we like, all of which you can also find via the iTunes: This American Life, Savage Love, Stuff You Should Know, In Our Time, and Harry Shearer’s Le Show.
Closing music is “Mother of Pearl” by Nellie McKay.
Leave your comments on the use of “guys” or anything else here. You can also email me questions at whatladder at gmail dot com.